Terry Gross, host of Fresh Air from WHYY
Terry Gross, host of Fresh Air from WHYY Will Ryan
Fresh Air with Terry Gross, the Peabody Award-winning weekday magazine of contemporary arts and issues, is one of public radio's most popular programs. Each week, nearly 4.5 million people listen to the show's intimate conversations broadcast on more than 450 National Public Radio (NPR) stations across the country, as well as in Europe on the World Radio Network.
Though Fresh Air has been categorized as a "talk show," it hardly fits the mold. Its 1994 Peabody Award citation credits Fresh Air with "probing questions, revelatory interviews and unusual insights." And a variety of top publications count Gross among the country's leading interviewers. The show gives interviews as much time as needed, and complements them with comments from well-known critics and commentators.
Fresh Air is produced at WHYY-FM in Philadelphia and broadcast nationally by NPR.
Critics and Commentators
- David Bianculli, TV
- Maureen Corrigan, Books
- David Edelstein, Movies
- Kevin Whitehead, Jazz
- Ken Tucker, Rock Music
- Milo Miles, World Music
- Geoff Nunberg, Language
- Ed Ward, Rock Music
- John Powers, Popular Culture
- Lloyd Schwartz, Classical Music
- Dave Davies, Guest Host
Fresh Air Staff
- Terry Gross, Host and Co-Executive Producer
- Danny Miller, Co-Executive Producer
- Roberta Shorrock, Director
- Dorothy Ferebee, Station Services Coordinator
- Amy Salit, Producer
- Phyllis Myers, Producer
- Ann Marie Baldonado, Producer
- Sam Briger, Producer
- Lauren Krenzel, Producer
- John Myers, Associate Producer and Producer Fresh Air Weekend
- John Sheehan, Associate Producer and Producer Fresh Air Weekend
- Molly Seavy-Nesper, Associate Producer of Online Media
- Heidi Saman, Associate Producer
- Therese Madden, Associate Producer
Online audio for today's show will be available at 3:00 p.m. ET.